Practical Solutions, Inc.Career - Technical - Senior Skype for Business Implementation Engineer
To join our PSI team; send your Resume today!
PSI team has been helping our government client with their IT modernization and Cloud migration initiatives. In February 2017, PSI strategic planning support bring the agency initial focus on stabilization of existing legacy Infrastructure and set in motion an agency Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) migration planning and now we been progressing along rapidly.
The role of a Unified Communications Systems Engineer (Skype for Business Expert) is to serve as the overarching Subject Matter Expert for all Unified Communications to migrate the agency to Skype for Business solution. The position will work directly with multiple Vendors (E.g., Microsoft, Cisco, Polycom, AT&T, others) and program engineering resources to design and integrate Unified Communications solutions that allow interoperability between multiple technology baselines and legacy implementations’
Here are some of the key tasks that you be part of but are not limited to the following:
- Deploy Skype for Business (migrate from current Lync 2010)
- Implement PSTN conferencing
- Design and implement SIP trunking with existing Cisco infrastructure
- Implement ATP, ATA
- Develop appropriate communications and training plans and supporting full enterprise Skype deployment and documentation
- Ability to communicate how to leverage technology to create business value and become more effective and efficient
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, produce effort estimates, and improve system functionality, reliability and reduce costs.
- Work closely with a Business Technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to Business Technology resources.
- Minimum of 5-7 years IT experience managing deployment of technology components in a specific technical discipline: clients, servers, storage, web platforms, database platforms, security, networks, or communications ideally with a mix of skills that include technical architectures, engineering and operations experience
- A career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience
- Ability to impact and influence stakeholders and drive alignment on standard global technology solutions.
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across a global company.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training/certification, work/military experience. For applicants without the relevant college degree, a history of certifications from various sources will be considered.
- Possess one of the following certifications:
- Experience in the following:
• Messaging and Unified Communications design and administration.
• Voice, video, chat, teleconferencing, VTC.
• Microsoft technologies, particularly Skype for Business.
• Cisco technologies for Unified Communications and VTC.
• Hands-on experience installing, troubleshooting and operating Unified Communications technologies.
• Large, geographically dispersed environment
- Preferred experience but not required:
• PowerShell scripting
• Citrix XenDesktop 7
• Microsoft End Point Protection
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive messaging and Unified Communications design and administration.
- Voice, video, chat, teleconferencing, VTC.
- Cisco technologies for Unified Communications and VTC AND/OR Microsoft technologies, particularly Skype for Business.
- Hands-on experience installing, troubleshooting and operating Unified Communications technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of High-Availability computing and networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS).
- A combination of 12+ years of experience in Unified Communications design and operations.
- Experience in a large, geographically dispersed environment.
- Technical documentation skills. Strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Washington, DC
Required education: Bachelor’s
- Skype for Business: 3 years
- Telecommunications: 7 years
Required license or certification:
To apply please email your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com