Practical Solutions, Inc.Career - Technical - Senior System Center Implementation Engineerer
To join our PSI team; send your Resume today!
PSI team has been helping our government client with their IT modernization and Cloud migration initiatives. In February 2017, PSI strategic planning support bring the agency initial focus on stabilization of existing legacy Infrastructure and set in motion an agency Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) migration planning and now we been progressing along rapidly.
Here are some of the key tasks that you be part of but are not limited to the following:
· Setup and configuration of all System Center components (Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Orchestrator, Service Manager, Data Protection Manager, Operations Management Suite) to manage and monitor on premise and Azure assets.
· Creation of deployment package, pushing the deployment, reporting the status of deployment and overseeing the success of the deployment
- Perform administrative tasks from the Operation Manager console, provide application support for the SCOM platform and create and maintain monitoring and notification rules.
- Review and update SCOM console security, apply patches, create SCOM console roles and reviews, and create and install custom Management Packs (MP) as needed.
- Deliver SCOM views via Remote Desktop Web Access, create custom reports on results of SCOM monitoring, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technologies, and provide problem resolution for SCOM components and related custom scripts.
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills to maintain accurate system documentation and provide training as required
- Manage customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer expectations
- Ability to communicate how to leverage technology to create business value and become more effective and efficient
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, produce effort estimates, and improve system functionality, reliability and reduce costs.
- Work closely with a Business Technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to Business Technology resources.
- Minimum of 5-7 years IT experience managing deployment of technology components in a specific technical discipline: clients, servers, storage, web platforms, database platforms, security, networks, or communications ideally with a mix of skills that include technical architectures, engineering and operations experience
- A career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience
- Ability to impact and influence stakeholders and drive alignment on standard global technology solutions.
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across a global company.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 / 2016
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager 2012 / 2016
- Experience with System Center Service Manager 2012 / 2016
- Experience with System Center Orchestrator
- Experience major Microsoft technologies including PC and server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Office, and Forefront Identity Management (FIM).
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
- Knowledge of multiple processor systems, RAID hardware, SCSI attached, and storage area network solutions, preferably experience with HP and EMC hardware.
- Knowledge of data backup, replication, and encryption technologies, preferably experience with Symantec Netbackup, and VMWare and EMC technologies
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN network infrastructure technologies, preferably experience with Orion Solarwinds
- Knowledge of HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, TELNET, SNMP, FTP
- ITIL Certification is a plus .
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Washington, DC
Required education: Bachelor’s
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager: 1 year
- Microsoft SSCM, SCOM, SCSM, Orchestrator, DPM, EPO: 1 year
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager: 5 years
- Microsoft Azure: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
To apply please email your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org