Practical Solutions, Inc.Career - Technical - Senior Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer
To join our PSI team; send your Resume today!
Practical Solutions, Inc. (PSI) is looking for full-time Cloud Engineers with diverse technical backgrounds to support various federal and commercial projects. The candidates must demonstrate expertise in various aspects of cloud infrastructure and platforms. Familiarity with multiple cloud providers is a plus; we are a Microsoft Gold partner and many of our solutions are developed in Azure, however we also work with AWS, Google Cloud, and a few others. Also, many of our cloud solutions can be integrated with products or services from our various strategic partners in order to provide our customers with a comprehensive package covering all their needs.
PSI provides various services to our clients: A broad spectrum of IT and Business consulting services, packaged solutions ready for deployment, custom solution development and implementation, and Microsoft product distribution. The PSI team hold themselves to very high standards, both professionally and ethically. All our employees are expected to expand their existing skillset and develop new skills in different areas to support our mission. This enables our team members to wear multiple hats and provides the ability to collaborate across multiple technical disciplines. Each employee prides themselves on their commitment to the company, ability to add value and contribute to our growth and success.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, and familiarity with other cloud platforms and concepts.
- Set up, maintain, and monitor various cloud solutions, services and infrastructure ensuring high quality, efficiency and availability.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of cloud configuration and integration along with having a big-picture/enterprise view.
- Ability to automate and optimize technical tasks.
- Clear communication, understanding, and conceptualizing skills.
- Actively participate in solution design sessions with leadership and present sound and creative ideas and solutions.
- Must be able to prioritize workloads and develop an open communication channel with leadership.
- Must be able to work and communicate directly with customers and partners.
- Must be an energetic self-starter with the ability to pursue new skills and learn on their own.
- Microsoft Azure Certifications are strongly preferred.
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge of Office 365 and its components
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Scripting skills are a plus: (Powershell, Python, etc…)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture
- API integration
- Network familiarity
- Cybersecurity familiarity
- Data Storage: Relational DBs, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc…
- Open Source tools
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
- Professional certifications
Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- 5+ years professional experience working in cloud environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location:: Washington, DC
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar. Master’s degree preferred.
- Microsoft Azure IaaS: 5 years
- DevOps, CI-CD, Infrastructure-as-Code: 5 years
- Visual Studio Team Foundation: 3 years
- Infrastructure as Code experiance with Microsoft Azure: 5 years
Strongly Preferred license or certification:
- Microsoft Azure Certification
*Note: Applicants that currently do not have an Azure certification will still be considered, with the understanding that they will become certified within 90 days of employment.
To apply please email your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
PSI is an equal opportunity employer—All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran or disability status.
*All PSI employees are hired on a 90-day probationary basis in order to demonstrate and prove their stated capabilities that they were hired for. Management will work closely with all new employees to ensure they have every opportunity to succeed.