Practical Solutions, Inc.Career - Technical Portfolio Manager
Join PSITo join our PSI team; send your Resume today!
Practical Solutions, Inc. (PSI) recently was awarded a multi-year contract to provide strategic engineering planning and support with a federal government agency in DC. PSI is now hiring several engineering staff and project managers. All work will be done on-site in a Washington DC government facility. PSI was established in 1997 and has been in business for the past 20 years as a Technology Solutions Provider seamlessly integrating Computing, Assurance, Security, and Engineering (CASE) solutions to meets government and commercial client’s business and mission needs. PSI is seeking highly skilled and experienced technical resources to deliver IT modernizations, Cloud migration, and revamping infrastructure workforce to operate, secure, and manage current and future organizational needs.
Position Title: Technical Portfolio Manager (PfM)
PSI team has been helping our government client with their IT modernization and Cloud migration initiatives. In February 2017, PSI strategic technology based solutions assessment and implementation management. PSI team help clients better perform technology oversight and ultimately enable better management of its assets planning support. The Portfolio Manager will bring expertise and knowledge to asset our customer in the following areas:
- Customer Lifecycle and Relationship Management
- Records management
- Document management
- Business Intelligence, Reporting, Analytics and Visualization
- Cyber security and data protection
- Financial Life Cycle functionality
The PfM will help in business needs assessment that would produce the following key deliverables:
- Current state assessment of processes and technology utilization
- Desired future state definition with key gaps identified
- IT strategic plan and roadmap that includes cost and time estimates
- Develop IT strategic plan and roadmap
- Conduct workshop to review plan and roadmap
- Oversee the development and implementation of Software-as-a-Service solution that meets derived needs
- Provide programmatic expertise and advice to government customers in a variety of technical and financial programs
- Work independently or lead small teams to plan, administer, and monitor the execution of multiple projects
- Responsible for project development, budge, planning and design, scheduling, contract adherence, risk management, and project execution within budget and schedule
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements, define project goals, scope, approach, and overall task plan to include providing clarity on critical path tasks
- Prepare project documentation and briefings
- Utilize project management expertise and tools to assist in developing resource estimation and planning
- Apply strong interpersonal skills to elicit understanding of complex, ill-defined problems and procedures; brief suggestions for improvement to senior leadership
- Work across functions to implement new standards and practices
- Ability to communicate how to leverage technology to create business value and become more effective and efficient
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, produce effort estimates, and improve system functionality, reliability and reduce costs.
- Work closely with a Business Technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third-party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to Business Technology resources.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders across other contractors and government mission partners
- Other duties as assigned
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
- Active or qualify for Public Trust Clearance
- BS Degree in a technical field (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, etc.); Master’s degree is highly desired
- 10-12 years project management expertise or government acquisition experience in managing cost, schedule and performance
- Professional certification in program management desired
- Agile / SCRUM training and / or certification desired
- ITIL Certification desired
- Ability to recognize technical, management, and cost risks and recommend mitigation approaches
- Experience managing multiple complex projects
- Experience in financial management – budgets, etc.
- Expertise in creating project plans with detailed work breakdown structure, etc.
- Entrepreneurial attitude
To apply please email your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com